Monday, February 1, 2010

I never said I was Betty Crocker

When Brian and I first got married, I did not know how to cook a whole lot of foods.  I bought every cook book I saw.  Through trial and error (lots of error's) I became a pretty good cook.  I always envied my sister who could make up a batch of mean buttermilk biscuits.  Mine came from a can!  We called them hockey pucks!  It has now been 15 yrs of marriage and I have finally got the buttermilk biscuit underwraps.  I finally can have some mouth watering, butter lathered good stuff and oh throw in some strawberry jam for good measure.  Yum! Yum! 
Sunday morning we did not have church so we slept in a bit.  I got up around 10:30 or so and started breakfast.  Fresh eggs, bacon, buttermilk biscuits, strawberry jam, and then I  thought, you know some gravy on those biscuits sounds mighty fine too!  So I prepared my skillett for the gravy, stirred in some flour, then added some milk.  Everything as going good or so I thought.  I added some more milk, um maybe too much.  So I then added some more flour.  By this time it is a cross between milky yet chunky.  Not sure what to do,so I added a tad more milk.  Forget it, the gravy just did not do well.  At least the fire alarm did not go off for the dinner bell.  Anywho they ate breakfast and did not touch the gravy!  Come to thank of it I am not sure the dog touched the gravy either.  Better luck next time!

2 comments:

JOY said...

That happened to me many times. Remember the "chocolate" gravy? lol :) You kids seemed to like it at the time.

Teresa said...

I don't know what it is about me and gravy. I've tried many times to make it and it never turns out good. So it's always package for me.