Sunday, February 14, 2010

Here we go again!

On Wednesday night Brian was up all night in pain from his kidney stone that he has not yet passed.  He took a bunch of pain pills and yet went to work on Thursday.  On Friday he had a class in Flattwoods and was there for 3 out of the 6 hours but had to rush back to Charleston due to the pain.  He took himself to CAMC Memorial where he waited for 5 hours before they took him back.  They gave him morphine and toradol and then they did a CAT scan to find the stone was 7mm which is equal to a 1/4 inch. The urethra tube is 9mm so it is possible he may pass it on his own, but that is kinda slim.  He is supposed to make an appointment with a urologist on Monday.  I want the pain to stop for him.  I hate it!  So please keep him in your prayers that he can pass this on his own so he does not have to endure surgery.  Brian was able to rest on Saturday thanks to his co-worker Mike Bragg for coming in for him.  The Lord knew he needed the rest!


Today we were unable to have church due to the snow on our church lot, so we loaded up and headed to Ravenswood.  Bro. Roger brought a very good message on "What is true love"?  There are so many that say they love God, but do not show it.  Do they truly love God then?  The answer is No.  That was the basis of the lesson and he used a married couples relationship as well.  A true LOVE marriage gives all year long, not just on holidays like Valentine's day.  So if we truly love our spouse then we will do everything in our power to show our love for them all year round.  I can honestly say my husband shows me LOVE all year round.  He buys me things, just out of the blue.  I try to do the same for him.  It is a give and take relationship!
Hundreds and thousands of people will go out and buy flowers, candy, and cards on this day we call Valentine's Day.  I had to stop at Kroger on our way home to pick a few things up and as I looked around there were lots of men with rose bouquets.  I saw some women with wine and the makings of a nice candle lit dinner.  Do you know the history behind Valentine's Day?  Here is a link that you might find interesting.

Whatever your plans, be safe!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I seen several men at the store the other day buying flowers too...Bob did get me a nice vase of flowers. It was nice of him.