Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I LOVE the MEN in my life

Yes you read that correctly, men!  I have four men in my life and I love them dearly.  They are ever so special to me.

They complete my life, they make my day, they cheer me up, they love me even when I am crabby, they are just absolutely wonderful!  Tonight I made fried herbal chicken and Isaiah said "so ummy"!  Zack said "KFC can't top this mom"!  And then Brian said, "I have to say I think this is the best chicken I have ever had"!  Logan was not with us tonight, he was with my in laws.  I guess my chicken made up for that bad batch of gravy I made the other day!  Yay me!  Gotta love my MEN!

Here is the recipe:

Herbal Fried Chicken

1 Package of Chicken legs
1 canister of Italian bread crumbs
1 Large egg
1/4 cup milk
1  Large ziplock bag
oil

Take egg and beat it with the milk.  Pour 1/2 the canister into the ziplock baggie. Take the chicken  and roll it in the egg mixture and then place chicken into the baggie and shake.  Place the chicken into a pan with oil and fry until no more blood can be seen.  Enjoy!


Today there was no school due to the weather.  Logan went with my in laws to work, so Zack, Isaiah, and I hung out.  I was not feeling my best today.  A bit under the weather with a cold, so good ole' Zack watched the baby for a couple hours for me to get some rest.  I was up most of the night sneezing and coughing my head off.  Thanks Zack!  Your the man!

I am unsure if the boys will have school tomorrow or not.  They are calling for more snow.  We got 2 1/2 inches then it rained so now we have ICE.  The roads are bad.  The garbage truck never even ran today.  I sure hope they pick it up tomorrow cause living in the country, raccoons, possums, and strays  love to tear into it.  And believe me I hate having to go and pick it up all over again!  Oh wow I just looked out the window and the snow is coming down like big balls of cotton.  If it keeps this up we will be getting inches of the white fluff!  I am sure my boys are going to be excited if they don't have school.  It is weird how much they get out.  I remember we went no matter what. The buses just put their chains on and off we went!  I guess it is because of all the lawsuits.








Today  I was looking out my living room window at my bird feeders and I saw a red headed woodpecker.  He was absolutely gorgeous!  There were little chickadees, pee wee's, and  some cardinals as well.  We  love feeding and watching the birds.  This is the first time I have seen the woodpecker at the feeder.  Usually it is just smaller birds.  It seems they come to the feeder even more when a bad storm is going to approach.  I suppose stocking up on the food to get through the cold.


Just a little something FUNNY
While we were eating dinner tonight, Isaiah said he was done, and I told him he hadn't touched his mashed potatoes.  Guess what he did?  He touched them with his finger!  I had to laugh then told him what I meant!  He is such a funny little guy!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Fried chicken sounds so good....I haven't had that in years. Take care.

JOY said...

Isaiah is so cute! I have not been feeding my birds like I should. You have been wonderful so have so many birds. Wow, the recipe sounds delicious. I am going to try it!

MOM