Thursday, February 4, 2010

BLESSINGS is God's LOVE

There is a song titled "Count your blessings", that I really can relate to.  The chorus goes like this:

Count your blessings, name them one by one.
Count your blessings see what God hath done.
Count your blessings, name them one by one
Count your many blessings see what God hath done.

So often I tend to forget to thank God for all he has done or given to me.  I know I have been blessed beyond what I deserve.  The blessings God has given to me is his way of showing he loves me.  I don't think I could sit down and begin to count all the blessings.  I sit and wonder why he keeps on blessing me.  I mean, to have a God who cares for little ole' me.  I am nothing!  I am no bigger than a grain of sand to him, yet he chooses to love me.  He loves me when I can't even love myself.  He loves me even when others turn their backs on me.  He loves me even when I am crabby.  He loves me UNCONDITIONALLY!  That is one awesome LOVE!  No one can out love or out give God. (Not even a mother's love for her chidren.)  I love my children so much that I would die for them, but God loves me and them more.  Much more!!  It is so hard to imagine that kind of love isn't it?  It is too much for my pea brain to take in.  The book Lamentations chapter 3 versus 22-23 states:

"The stead fast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning; great is they faithfulnes."

  God asks for NOTHING in exchange for his love except for us to serve him.  To serve him with gladness and thanksgiving, yet so many find it too hard to even do that.  He gives a gift and we open it and are thankful for a period of time then we seem to toss that gift aside and forget all about it.  Sad, isn't it?  Have you ever just sat down and wrote on a piece of paper what all God has done for you?  Try it, you will be amazed at what all comes out. 

 If you have not gave your life over to God why not do it?  The LOVE of God is much greater than what the world has to offer and it cost NOTHING.  Ask him in to your HEART today


5 comments:

Cozy Home Cottage said...

Tina, my mom used to always sing that song while she was doing her housework, especially if she was not feeling like doing it. She always told us to take time to count our blessings instead of worrying about what we did not have. I loved your post this morning. Our Lord is great, indeed!!!

Teresa said...

I agree, Tina, we do have an awesome God...I am so thankful.

Tina said...

Yes Char our Lord is great and yes Teresa he is AWESOME!

JOY said...

I am so blessed! The Lord is wonderful to me. No matter what I am going through, he is there for me. Oh, my, I am blessed every second of every minute of everyday!

Tina said...

Yes we are blessed Mom beyond blessed really!