Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

At my house I have all my snowmen on display along with my gingerbread village. I have all my gifts bought, well basically. I still have a couple of things I want to get. I am hoping to get all the families gifts out late next week or the beginning of the following week. I want all gifts to be at their houses before Christmas.

We have been rearranging rooms at the house. Zack now has his own room. He is on cloud nine. Logan and Isaiah will be sharing a room. Not sure how that will all work out, but for now that is the plan. Of course Brian and I still share a room, well until he makes me mad and then he is out with the goats! Ha!

We have been blessed in many ways the past few weeks. Logan killed his first deer, a button buck. He was so happy. Mark, my father in law took some pictures so when I get them I will be placing him in the news paper. Logan also won a coloring contest and won a 15 lb turkey. Then a man from our church who used to be a butcher, cut up two deers for us. My freezer is packed. So all I will have to buy is chicken and fish, along with veggies. That should cut down on my grocery bill.

I made the best chicken enchiladas the other night! Oh yum even the baby had a third helping!!
If you like Mexican (not spicy) then you will love this!

Tina's Enchilada's

1 package of medium burrito shells
1 container of sour cream
1 bag of yellow rice
1 lb of chicken
1 can of chopped tomatoes
a pinch of red pepper
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 cup green peppers
1/2 cup onion (sweet)
2 8 ounce bags of Nacho cheese
1 taco seasoning packet (mild)

Boil chicken until well done and sit a side. In the broth cook the rice according to the package minus the oil it calls for. In a sauce pan place tomato, peppers, onion, sugar, taco seasoning and red pepper. Cook until peppers and onion are soft. Grease a cookie sheet. Take your burrito shells and put chicken, rice, tomato mixture, and some cheese in it. After you have them all rolled up and placed on a greased pan. Pour the rest of tomato mixture on top and sprinkle the rest of the cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Put some sour cream on top and eat up!!!



No comments: